== end of services ==
Brazil, Southeast Region, Rio de Janeiro State, Agra dos Reis District.
Bay of Ilha Grande. Latitude S: between 23º 05` and 23º 14' Longitude W:
between 44º 05' and 44º 23'
The island is situated in the Órgãos Saw, which belongs to the proteozoic
era (more than 420-500 millions of years). Its rocks are sintectonic represented
by "granitóides". Belongs to the same group of the Pão de Açúcar of Río
Being an oceanic island, it has a strong influence of 193 km² area Approx.
Coast Perimeter = 130 km Minor perimeter for a coast navigation= 72 km
The contour is undulating with 34 sharp ends and little peninsulas, 7 small
bays and 106 beautiful beaches of diverse characteristics.
Mountainous topography with several peaks. The most important ones are
the PICO DA PEDRA D’AGUA with 1031 mts. over the sea level and the PICO
DA PAPAGAYO with 982 mts. These areas are extensively vegetated and you
can also find dense forests, headlands, steeps, plains, rivers and caverns.
the sea over its climate. It has a tropical weather, very hot and humid.
You are not going to find droughts. The medium temperatures of the air
are between 15ºC - 30ºC. The medium water temperatures are between 18ºC
- 24ºC. In one year, you have between 180 and 200 sunny days. According
to the Meteorological Station of Andra Dos Reis - INMET-, the annual medium
temperature is 22,5ºC, being February, the warmest month with 25,7ºC average
and July the coldest, with 19,6ºC.
The annual media is 2.242mm, being January the rainiest month with 293
mm and July the driest with 87 mm.
WHAT TO DO:
- SAILING in Ilha Grande or Angra dos Reis : The bay of Isla Grande is
perfect to be traveled in a sailing ship. There are 360 islands
- FOREST TREKKING – ECOLOGICAL WALKS : This is an excellent place to do
this type of sports. Here you will find forests, beaches, rivers...
- SEA KAYAK IN ILHA GRANDE BAY : Enjoy the natural beauty of the island
in a Sea Kayak
- RIDE ON A BRAZILIAN SCHOONER : The “escunas” are romantic boats where
you can go for a ride all over the island.
- SNORKEL IN ILHA GRANDE CLEAR WATERS : This is the most famous activity
in the island. Everyone wants to do it and you can’t miss it!
- DIVING (ILHA GRANDE and ANGRA DOS REIS) : Ilha Grande offers caverns
and shipwrecks and also a helicopter at 8 mts. depth.
- MOUNTAIN BIKE IN ATLANTIC FOREST : During summer, you can rent bikes
and go for a ride all over the Villa.
- FISHING ILHA GRANDE BAY : Line fishing is the only type permitted. There
are 13 wonderful places where is permitted